Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Miss Moss Welcomes Liz Moreno


Liz Moreno is a wardrobe and fashion stylist currently based in Panama City. Specialized in personal shopping, advertising, and consulting. After some successful experimental works, she moved to Milan, Italy where she got a certified of Fashion Image Consultant from Istituto Marangoni, and a year later attended The School Of Style in Los Angeles to get more into the Business of Fashion Styling. Some of her works include Stylings for local Magazines, T.V and Print Commercials, Personal Stylings and Fashion Direction.





Why Do you want to become a Fashion Stylist?
I decided to become a fashion stylist to explore with fashion and trends in so many levels, and sharing it with other people that want to improve their image, like dressing up a friend or a client for a special moment, but my favourite will always be the fashion editorials, I love to direct and create the concept, look for the props and creating the whole atmosphere… I really enjoy the whole process of getting inspired, creating the looks and the story.

                                                                 Cupcake's Boutique & Design "The book of Love" Lookbook



STAGE Magazine August / Sept. 2011
Cupcakes Boutique & Design S/S 2012 Lookbook

I personally don't want people to LOVE fashion and follow each of the season trends, but to inspire them to have an individual sense of style, that represent their personality in all its glory and how to have fun with fashion and trends, without the fear of taking some risks and not necessarily become a fashion victim. That's the way I want to influence Panamanians with my work.

Favourite Fashion Icons?
I don't have so many fashion Icons, because I find inspirations everywhere specially in the streets whenever traveling or web traveling, street style its my ultimate and favourite source of inspiration, movies and music have always inspired me a lot too, but I'm currently finding so much inspiration in interior design books, old magazines, graphic design blogs and art exhibitions.

Just to mention few of my inspirations:

Personalities: Sofia Coppola, Alexa Chung, Atlanta de Cadenet, Isabel Lucas, Diane Birch, Peaches and Pixie Geldof, Irina Lazareanu, the girls from (Plastiscines) 

Movies: Factory Girl, The Virgin Suicides, Lolita, Maria Antoinette, Amelie, The Royal Tenenbaums, The Craft, Almost Famous, The Runaways, Woodstock (documentary) 

Favourite Blogs:
ilovewildfox.com
rookiemag.com
theselby.com
opiumpoppies.tumblr.com
stylechilddd.blogspot.com
natalieoffduty.blogspot.com
blog.parkerfitzgerald.com

Favourite Magazines:
Frankie
Monster Children
Dazed and Confused
Nylon
Teen Vogue
Under the Influence

My signature style:
I must say that I don't have an specific style, it just depends on how I feel at the moment, but I love mix and matching new trends with vintage and thrift pieces to make it more interesting, fun and unique. I also like to play with different textures and prints, not so much accessories but definitely lot of rings, kinda messy hair look, and simple make up. 

Favourite Designers:
Miuccia Prada, Karl Lagerfeld, Alexander Wang, Charlotte Ronson, Jason Wu, Kate and Laura Mulleavy designers of Rodarte, Pamela Love (Accessories) not a big fan of accessories, but I'll definitely make an exception for her pieces, that are actually very inspiring, love how she recreates the whole tribal theme in her lasts collections, and I love all the story behind her jewels its so interesting.

Currently loving:
I'm having a huge addiction for DIY stuff, it's fun and specially something unique! 

Why you chose to work with Miss Moss?
I chose to work at Miss Moss, after participating in the Retro Glam Event and been attracted by Leanne's previews projects in the productions of successful fashion events, as a way to influence fashion and style in a very different level here Panama. I was looking for a fashion job where I could develop my knowledge and most creative ideas, but at the same time learn a diverse range of skills to complement my current background.

Where we can see your work?
Right here on Liz Moreno Blog

1 comment:

  1. great post! enjoyed reading it :)

    Love Lois xxx

    http://lisforlois.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete